On this Monday May 10th we will reopen our churches for the celebration of the Mass and Sacraments with the People of God present and actively participating. For many, being able to return to church to worship as a community is truly a blessing. However, we will need to have regard to health and safety measures. Social distancing will be an ongoing requirement with approximately 2 metres separation between persons. This does not apply to family members from the same household.
- Numbers attending will need to be monitored.
- Hand sanitizers will be available at church entrances.
- People are asked to wear face masks to church and only remove them to receive Holy Communion.
- Ushers (stewards) will meet people on entry and show them into their seats.
- Eucharistic Ministers will bring Holy Communion to the seats.
- Baskets for church offerings will be left at the entrance to the churches.
- Sanitizing will take place after each Mass.
As we move to reopen, prudence and the ability to discipline ourselves must govern our actions. There is no substitute for good judgment. We are moving cautiously in the right direction and, with God’s help, we will soon begin to return to our normal routine and practice.