Baptism: Please call the Parish Office @ 061 368127


Confirmation 2018:   Saturday 19th May @ 11am for all schools in the Church of Our Blessed Virgin Mary of the Most Holy Rosary.


Eucharist and First Communion 2018

 Stonehall :                                     21st April 2018     @ 12noon             

 Scoil na Maighdine Mhuire: 28th April 2018    @11am

 Clonmoney :                                 5th May 2018       @ 11am                  


Reconciliation (Confession)

At Easter and Christmas the parishes of Shannon and Newmarket come together for the Sacrament of Reconciliation. Also confessions are heard in the confession box in Newmarket Church during these seasons.  All the details are published on the newsletter the week before.


Housebound and Sacrament of the Sick

Every First Friday of the month, the priests visit the housebound with Holy Communion. Lay Ministers of the Eucharist are also available to distribute Holy Communion to the sick on Sundays or in time of need. Many sick people also like to receive the sacrament of the sick and are strengthened and affirmed. If you are unable to attend Mass due to illness or frailty and would like to receive the sacraments in your home, please contact the Parish Office or one of the priests.


In order to allow time for preparation and necessary paperwork to be completed, it is essential that you give the parish a minimum of six months notice of your intention to get married.

In order to book your wedding, it is necessary to complete a booking form, which can be obtained from and should be returned to the Parish Office. If your details change after your initial booking, please inform us, in case we need to contact you. If you no longer live at home, please give us your usual address and telephone number. You should also complete a form if you are getting married in another parish or Church, especially if you need a priest from the parish you are resident in to be present. In order to avoid any disappointment, please do not book any hotel reception until you have confirmed your preferred date with the parish.

A priest from the parish you are resident in will normally officiate at your wedding (if they are available). If you have a friend or relative who is a priest or deacon whom you would like to officiate, let us know at the time of booking your wedding. They may need to obtain the appropriate authorisation from relevant Church and Civil authorities if they are not normally resident in the Diocese of Killaloe.


To be arranged with a priest of the parish.

Months Mind/Anniversaries

If a family wishes to have a Month’s Mind/Anniversary Mass celebrated they should contact one of the priests or the Parish Office.

House Blessing

If you would like to have your house blessed please contact one of the priests.