The parish of Newmarket on Fergus, welcomes and encourages the participation of children, young people and adults in Parish life and activities. The Parish strives to create a safe environment for all involved.
Code of Conduct.
- Children, Young People and Adults treat each other with respect.
- All Children and Young People are treated fairly and equitably.
- Children, Young People and Adults will use respectful language.
- Children, Young People and Adults will respect the individuals right to privacy.
- The physical integrity of Children, Young People and Adults will be respected.
- Children, Young People and Adults will respect the property and premises connected with parish activities.
- Whenever Children and Young People meet in churches or other parish property there will always be at least two adults present.
The above code is in accordance with “The Keeping Children Safe” guidelines issued by the Diocese of Killaloe, March 2004.
Parish Rep for the overseeing of policy: Seamus Cusack and Mary Power
Diocesan Child Protection Workers: Mary Nash and Joe Searson.